Sunday, November 25, 2012

LASHES, LASHES, LASHES






 BEFORE

AFTER

I have this huge fascination with eyes. Big, small, almond shaped, deep set, wide set, even animal eyes. Maybe it's that you can see so much emotion just through eyes. They are also an important part in communication. Try having a conversation with someone without seeing their face, it's really hard to connect with that person.
Now let's talk about the feathery things attached to the eyes, yes lashes! Now if you haven't already guessed, I love lashes just as much as I love eyes. To me they are so feminine and alluring. I think most women out there would agree with me that without definition to your eyelashes, we can all feel a bit naked. Well at least that's the case for me. That's why I like to curl my lashes and apply mascara even if I am having a no make up day or if I'm on the run and there is no time to do any other make up.

I have tried numerous mascaras but the Max Factor False Lash Effect is what I keep going back for and I will always have one in my collection. It is by far the best for natural lashes and also great for layering, making them go from day to night. The formula is not clumpy, drying or flaky. Personally I really love the chunky brush with shorter silicone bristles because the product is evenly distributed which helps reduce clumping.

Tips:
  • When curling your lashes, curl them in three stages (base, middle and ends) to get a perfect curl. This is especially helpful if you have really straight eyelashes.
  • To separate and give volume, "wiggle and push". With this technique, start at the base, look down and wiggle your mascara wand all the way to the tips.
  • Make sure you coat the top of your lashes. This gives a more defined look and also helps you coat every eyelash.
  • Don't pump your mascara. This will push air back into the tube and dry out the product. If your down to the last scrapings, swirl the wand around to coat.


No comments: